Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tropical Smoothie

I know Whole30 doesn't want you drinking your calories. And Paleo doesn't really care, so long as you get your fruit. Both diets just do not want you adding sugar. To ANYTHING.



I have found that I cannot carry large quantities of food around with me on my day-to-day business. I found that out when I didn't eat breakfast one morning and by the time I was able to eat, it was too late. I got sick instead. Having a fruit smoothie is a great pick-me-up or snack when I rush out of the house without breakfast and can't sit down for lunch. Don't worry, I don't skip lunch...I just usually have to eat it on the run. Okay, more like I eat it in pieces. I may have some protein at 1pm, some veggies around 1:45 and not finish the meal in its entirety until 3pm.
I eat enough to keep me going.

I did some prep first. With this particular smoothie, I used frozen strawberries. With other smoothies, like my Watermelon lime, I cut the watermelon into pieces and freeze them in advance. But either way, these are easy and take no time at all to prepare.




TROPICAL SMOOTHIE

6 small strawberries (or 3 large)
Juice of one lime
1/2 a round/slice of 1/4" thick fresh pineapple
1/2 medium banana

Put all in a blender, with 3/4 cup water. If not using frozen fruit, add 4 or 5 ice cubes. Blend. And put in your to-go cup and walk out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment