Friday, September 13, 2013

Spicy Chicken Caesar Wrap


Oh, how I love chicken. I really, really do. It's one of the few foods that takes on the flavors of whatever you cook it with. Seriously. Unlike beef which must assert its dominance over the dish and can only be coated with flavor, chicken is a wonderous protein that chooses to play well with others.



I have no idea why many people do not like chicken. Really, there must be something wrong with them. (kidding!)
Now, in this dish, I don't actually cook with chicken so much as use it as a layer. But it's still good, and OH! so delicious! I got the idea from Noodles & Co.- Grau and I go there once in a blue moon and I always get their 2-fer plate of Tomato Basil Bisque (which I also make my own version of!) and  Spicy Caesar Chicken Wrap.

This recipe is just for the wrap, though. So don't get your shorts in a bunch. I can't remember if I posted my version of their Tomato Basil Bisque or not. I think I have. But I will check later to be sure, just in case.

Anywhooooo....here ya go:

Spicy Caesar Chicken Wrap
Serves 4
First, grab caesar....yes, go to Rome....oh wait, no he's already gone some hundreds of years. Ok...scratch that....

Ingredients:
4- Flatbread or Pita Bread or Wraps (I like pitas)
1/2 c Caesar Dressing
1/4 c Hot Sauce
1 tsp Garlic powder
2 T shredded Parmesan Cheese
6 leaves Romaine lettuce, chopped
1 med chicken breast, cooked and diced (I use my flat grill/panini maker to cook the chicken, but you could use a foreman grill or a frying pan!)

So- this is really (I mean *really*) simple. So simple a monkey can do this.

Warm up your pita, flatbread or wrap- whichever you are using. I use pitas and they take about 30 seconds in the microwave.

Mix your favorite Caesar Dressing with your favorite Hot Sauce.


Then dice up your chicken and your romaine lettuce

Then just assemble: place chicken & lettuce on wrap/flatbread/pita, drizzle with dressing mixture, and add parmesan cheese:
I love this cheese grater we picked up for $5. Absolutely love it!
Then fold your wrap/flabread/pita and eat! (Oh, and make the other 3 wraps...your family's probably hungry, too!)
Tasty tasty Spicy Caesar Chicken Wrap
 This recipe is so versatile. You can use more hot sauce, or less, add less garlic, or more. Add freshly grated pepper, use store bought grated parmesan, add wonton chips for a crunch. You name it. Go wild.



2 comments:

  1. Noodles and Co used Caesar dressing mixed with Sriracha for this. I wish they still had this. It's pretty simple to throw together, but was still better there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siracha is mixed with the Caesar and it’s what MAKES the dressing! I was OBSESSED with this spicy Caesar for so long I used to go there before my job (I worked evenings) every single shift for two years straight. (I would have went longer but they ended that wrap on the menu. I was such a regular that the manager and employees at Noodles and Co. gave me my own employee discount and they started making it when they saw me parking! Siracha is DEF what makes it the best! :)

    ReplyDelete