Sunday, June 2, 2013

Where I Come From

Yes, I'm an Okie. And proud of it.
No, I wasn't born there. But Oklahomans don't expect you to be born there. They adopt you. It gets in your blood. It's something you are, and then because of Oklahoma you become something more.

I lived in Oklahoma since the 9th grade. I moved away when I was 21. Moved to many other cities as well. But I went back in 1993 and stayed. It is my home. It is my love.




Oklahoma is knowing what's important in life. It's not what you can buy for your kids. It's not trying to outdo your neighbor or your ex. Oklahoma is losing everything you own in the latest tornado yet going out and helping your neighbor find their cat.
Oklahoma is standing brave in the face of mother nature, screaming like a child when it comes for you and takes everything you own, then getting back up, brushing off your knees and rebuild in the same damn spot.

Yes Oklahoma gets a lot of tornadoes. More lately than normal. But there is danger in life, in every corner of the world. You can't hid from life. You can only face it head-on.

As for me, I know Oklahoma. I know the people. I know how strong they are and how strong that has made me. I would much rather face a tornado than an earthquake. And I grew up in California.

You can run from a tornado. You can hide from a tornado. You cannot hide from an earthquake.
And compared to where I live now, Oklahoma is the clear winner.
Where I live now there are gangs and shootings and burglaries and stabbings. All.the.time. Every night.
I would much rather be home in Oklahoma with the nice people and the occasional tornado than where I am now with the rude, 'me first' attitude, back-stabbing people that live here. Unfortunately my love lives here, so live here I will.

Yes Oklahoma has had it rough the past couple of weeks. And many of my family members and friends have been in the path of the recent tornadoes. Luckily, either the tornado lifted before it got to my family and friends, or it hit them and took out their house(s). And my friends that did lose their homes still count themselves as lucky. The are alive. Houses and pictures and cars can be fixed or found or rebuilt. People cannot.

Mother Nature is glorious in it's beauty and scary in its power.  Just remember, Oklahoma is beautiful in its simplicity and stunningly polite through its people.
And the sunsets are some of the most gorgeous you have seen on the face of the earth.


3 comments:

  1. Arkansas, just one state over, ain't so bad either. Yes it's redneck heaven, but you soon realize that most of them are very down-to-earth decent people and will give you the shirt off their backs in a heartbeat. Something to be said for living in flyover country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in NW AR as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. am delighted by the incredible love Spell of Dr Azaka, which had lead to the reunity of me and my husband after he left me and our 2 kids for another woman. After 3 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to Seattle to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband, Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Azaka can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do, he casted a love spell charm on him , and within 24 hours. my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back the next day with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day our Marriage was now stronger than how it used to be , All thanks to Dr Azaka. He is a real powerful spell caster who is always ready and willing to help you, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: him at: you can also call him or add him on WhatsApp +2349059389105 or email via azakaspelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete