Saturday, August 18, 2012

Baking Fool

I thought yesterday was going to be my 'oven hot' day. Turns out, today is one as well.
It's a good thing the weather has been cooperating! I love the temps in the 70's with cool mornings. It reminds me Fall is around the corner, and we all know how I love Fall!

Yesterday, I made four loaves of Banana Bread. Youngerspawn loves my banana bread! So three of the four loaves are going into the freezer. That way, the boys can have some when they get here next week.



I also made a fattening dinner....a fattening dinner is okay once in a while. Just not all the time. And it was still all homemade, of course. Homemade chili covering a baked potato with lots of lettuce and cheddar cheese.
Extra-lean ground beef, lots of tomatoes and spices and the chili was to die-for!  Of course I put in my special ingredient...and I asked Grau if he could taste anything 'different' in the chili. He couldn't. He said it was better than his...and that's saying something! I told him what my secret ingredient was, and he couldn't believe it, couldn't even taste it, but it does give it that kick.

Today, I'm making Caramelized Onion Jam. And of course I have to bake the whole cloves of garlic for this recipe, so the oven got turned on again. Why not bake bread, too?  I knew I was going to make the jam today, so I thought ahead and made up the dough for the bread yesterday.
Today, roasting whole garlic cloves and baking bread and sauteing onions! Man the house smells fantastic! Who doesn't love garlic? (That's rhetorical, I know everyone loves garlic!)

Of course, Richmond came over and took me out for lunch. What a sweetie she is.
I'm starting to miss FB. It's been 18 days since I started my hiatus. And Richmond had to catch me up on everyone's news.

Oh well, 13 more days and I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment