Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Buttermilk Ranch Powder

I have searched and searched for a ranch powder recipe that tastes as good as the store bought kind and I think I've found it!


Read on for the recipe...


BUTTERMILK RANCH POWDER

2 T Minced Onion
2 T Dried Parsley
1 t Dried Celery Flakes
1/8 t Dill Weed

 Blend in spice grinder or blender ( I used mt coffee grinder) until desired consistency.

 Add:
1/4 c Buttermilk Powder (find it near the powdered milk)
1 1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/2 t White Pepper
1/8 t Black Pepper
1/4 t Paprika

Mix well and store in airtight container.
I don't add salt. You can if you want, but start with a dash and go from there. And I use more garlic than the original recipe. But I like garlic.

You can sprinkle this over potatoes, on chicken, whatever.
If you want to make a dressing, just use 2 cups each of mayonnaise and milk and blend til smooth.

I like to make crackers with it, too. Take the small oyster crackers and mix with 1/4 c sunflower or other light oil, and 2 T of the ranch powder then spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake at 250 for 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! So many possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. Totally snagging this, Rave! I make a seriously low-fat Ranch dip/dressing by whirring a packet of the stuff with 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese and 1 cup buttermilk. But I always feel bad using the packet because of all the crap they put in it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I've used this recipe several times to make various things and it comes out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete