Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tomato Basil Garlic Chicken

I am still on my pesto kick except this time, I am not even bothering to blend the ingredients into traditional pesto. Nope. I'm going directly for the ingredients and calling it awesome.

Tomato, Basil & Garlic come together in this beautiful dish.
In this episode of Rave's Pesto Habit, I give you Tomato, Basil, Garlic Chicken, with a whole wheat spaghetti as the delivery method for the pseudo-pesto goodness. Oh can I tell you how delicious this was? Grau said it was 'a keeper' for the recipe book. I love it when he says that. It means I did good!



I love to feed people. Really, I do. It's in my blood, I think. My dad used to own a restaurant and I would go to work with him early in the morning and watch him cook before I went to school.  (I still can't make gravy, don't ask!) I think the love of food has transferred from my father to me and I like to pass on my love of cooking to those around me.

This Chicken recipe is no exception. It's love on a plate. I dare you to NOT like it.

The Players:

3 cloves chopped Garlic
2 diced tomatoes
1 med onion, diced
1 chicken breast, diced
1 tsp Basil (plus a little extra if you really like Basil!)
Olive Oil (as much or as little as you like- I used approx 1/4 cup)
1" circle of Whole Wheat Spaghetti

I don't have pics of the actual cooking process. Shoot me. I got so caught up in the smell of the onions and garlic sauteing, I lost all thought about pictures until it was time to eat....then I remembered to take a shot before I did!

Basically, chop all your ingredients. Cook spaghetti al dente and drain. Cook onion in olive oil. When translucent, add garlic, tomatoes and basil. Saute a minute more. Add chicken and spaghetti. Cook two more minutes until everything is happy and covered in the freestyle pesto bliss.
That's it. Easy, Peasy. breezy cover squirrell.
Sorry, I don't know what came over me there.

Just, go to your kitchen. Go now...go on. Make this dish. You'll be glad you did. It is awesome on a plate.




No comments:

Post a Comment