Saturday, March 3, 2012

Little Tubs of Joy

I have found the promised land! Ok, maybe not land, but at least butter. Two things I love, garlic and bread, need butter. And when you are tired of slathering butter and garlic powder onto bread, come back to this post. Seriously. You'll be amazed at what I am about to tell you.

But, it's a secret....shush!

You see, a while back I realized there was literally a gold mine of garlic butter just begging to be eaten. 
Once a month, Grau's work provides a minuscule pizza dinner for employees (two pieces, no more!) as a 'thanks for not maiming yourselves' gesture. (I don't know about you, but I would prefer better working conditions, better pay or better hours. Just sayin')

Anyway- they always use Papa John's Pizza. And you know PJ's  *always* serves garlic butter with their pizza. And when you order 20 pizza's at a time, you get a boatload of little garlic butter cups.


Tubs of pure golden , garlic-y joy!

One day, I asked Grau to bring home the extra cups. I thought, why not? I like garlic butter and I am sure I can find something to do with them, right?

Boy did I!

Here are some of my favorite things to do with them:

1. As dipping sauce for French bread (duh!)
2. Slathered onto bread before baking (don't forget to add a little Parmesan or Romano!)
3. Two tubs in the water for every 1 cup rice (as you boil the water, add the tub of joy!)
4. One or two tubs when I saute onions for a recipe that also calls for garlic.
5. Add a tub or two to your spaghetti sauce.
6. Drizzled over broccoli.
7. Equal amounts of garlic butter and brown sugar with a dash of whiskey for the perfect glazed carrots.
8. Use over shrimp for a quick scampi.
9. One tub over your favorite fish, add sliced lemon and bake.
10. Make a veggie pasta and pour a tub or three over it.
11. Brush over steak at the end of cooking for extra oomph!

Wow- So many uses! And I bet there's tons more I haven't found yet. What are your favorite uses for garlic butter?
Tubs of deliciousness!
Just remember, these little babies DO have an expiration date on the bottom. So if you save them up, make sure you use them before they expire!


1 comment: