Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Little Quiche in the Morning

A few months ago, a friend of mine wanted to know about quiche. She didn't know what it was, what could be put in it, how it was done, etc. So I helped her out because, well, I used to make quiche all the time. After all, quiche is a good, economical way to stretch the last of your ingredients. A few of eggs, a dash of milk and whatever else is lying around in the fridge.

So, my friend has been on a quiche kick lately. And posting pics of them.

And now I want quiche. Again.

Except, I couldn't figure out what kind I wanted to make, let alone eat.

I had a couple ideas in my head, and thought, why not? I'll make them both. So I did.

I give you:
Turkey Broccoli Blue Cheese and
Chicken Bacon Broccoli Cheddar


Yay! I have quiche again!  I can't wait to dig into these and go into carb-protein bliss.

Oh- you want the recipe? Well, it's practically the same for each....

Basic quiche-
1 pie crust
4 eggs
1/2 c milk
salt & pepper to taste

Then add in your fixins-

In one, I added:
1/2 lb deli turkey (sliced thin then chopped)
1/2 c broccoli, diced
1/4 c blue cheese dressing
1/4 c shredded cheddar (for stability)

To the other I added:
1 cooked diced chicken breast
1/4 c cooked diced bacon
1/4 c broccoli, diced
3/4 c cheddar cheese, finely shredded

Bake in 350 degree oven until toothpick in center comes out clean. Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment