Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Joys of Porking

I am a Pinterest junkie. Yeah, I said it. After all, admitting is the first step, right?
Anyway- I ran across this fabulous recipe and I had to try it. You know me and my love of cooking.....I'll try anything once. Twice if I get a good review. LOL
So- here's a WONDERFUL Tuscan Pork Roast (they called it a roast, but it's really a tenderloin).

And can I tell you how easy this was to make? Seriously, I couldn't have asked for an easier recipe that looks and tastes as good as this does!

The recipe:
2 T chopped fresh Sage
2 T chopped fresh Rosemary
2 cloves garlic
1/4 t Salt (I use sea salt)
1/4 t pepper


Mince it all together and lay out across a cutting board.

Take your pork tenderloin and trim off fat and icky pieces (yes, that's a technical cooking term!).
Coat tenderloin in 1 T Olive Oil and brown on all sides in frying pan. You are not cooking it, just browning it to lock in the juices.

Take a baguette....cut out the middle.



Take pork tenderloin and roll in minced herbs. Place tenderloin inside baguette. Place any remaining herbs on top of pork.

Truss up the baguette with cooking twine.


Then bake at 375 until port reaches 165' an the fattest part. Remove from oven and let rest 5 mins. Slice through and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment