Friday, July 15, 2011

It Doesn't Just Make Our World Brighter

So last Monday morning a particularly strong but small storm rolled through our area. I thought for once the radar showed a 'promising' storm- not one of the wimpy Illinois sprinkles the people here call storms.
And I was right, sort of. It was a strong storm. It had a nice bow echo on the radar. It moved really fast. It unleashed lots of rain and lightening. I almost felt I was back home in my beloved Oklahoma....

But it only lasted maybe 15 minutes.

Poof, it was gone.

And so was our electricity.

You know, I've grown accustomed to electricity. It doesn't just make the world brighter, it allows me to Facebook, or blog, or Pinterest, or work. Besides, the season premiere of Eureka was on that night....which I couldn't watch....because we had no electricity.

Did I mention it was hot? It was like, Africa hot.
I barely slept Monday night. I wet my t-shirt and went to bed hoping the cold shirt would cool me off. Not so. And the food will be ruined. Ugh. I am not looking forward to buying new groceries.

By Tuesday, we decided to pack ship and head to Cheeseland and stay with the one and only wonderful Hostess with the Mostess.
And we brought the darn cat. Who was hilarious in his new surroundings.

So, we have electricity and tv and good company. We are all set. And even IF our electricity comes back on (They estimate today but maybe not as the electricians up here are union and we KNOW how they don't like to work) we will doggie-sit for the hostess with the mostess.

So- all in all, this week is working out. But I can say that I enjoy life WITH electricity a lot more than without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment