Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts & Remembrances

Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for all that is in your life. Not just the good things. Everything. With that thought in mind, I give you the following brain waves:

I am extremely thankful for Grau. He is truly the Yin to my Yang. The old corny lines like 'you complete me' come to mind. I am finally at peace and happy, and it is all due to him.

I am thankful for the little things.
The cat we didn't catch.
The cat we currently have.
The two flights of stairs to do laundry, because unlike a friend of mine who recently had her leg amputated, I *can* walk them.
For Freecycle and the unbelievable finds that now adorn my house.
For my mom and her little comments when I was married to asshole. I now know what she spoke of, and I recognize in her own way she was telling me something without saying it outright. I get it now.
For Grau's boys, they are each unique and interesting.
I am thankful for the ability to cook for Grau's dad and family.

And believe it or not, I am thankful for my asshole ex. Without him, I wouldn't be where I am today. I hold no hard feelings.

I am thankful that my daughter is not pregnant. That, even though she is making poor life decisions, she is healthy and still in school.

I am thankful for my friends, old OK friends and new IL ones. The new ones accept me as I am, warts and all.

And I remember Thanksgivings past....how I would do all the work and receive no help. Because it makes me appreciate all that I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment