Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fudge

Three more batches of fudge....done, cut and ready to pack away. Chocolate fudge, Peanut Butter/Chocolate fudge and Dark Chocolate/Mint fudge.
We are going to Grau's dad's for Thanksgiving. I am cooking the meat, Grau's sis is doing veggies and taters.
Oh, and gravy. I suck at making gravy.
No, I don't suck at it...I plain-'ol can't do it.

I have a gravy block.

Many times my father has tried teaching me how to make gravy. Once, in 30 years, he's been successful, and I have not been able to duplicate whatever it was that I did.

Seriously, when I make gravy these days, it comes from a package and I add water. Yeah, I know, I suck. Get used to it.

So, anyone else have I can't make that if my life depended on it blocks?

2 comments:

  1. My gravy is coming out of a glass container. Also, it's too hot to make fudge here right now. Sounds yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother in law finally taught me an easier way. To me, its all about what I stuff in the turkey. I put a couple cups of Chicken broth in the pan as the poultry cooks, but if I stuff it with great ingredients, all the drippings have that taste. At the end, as your turkey settles, put the drippings in a pyrex bowl and put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. All the fat will rise to the top. Take it off and then reheat, thickening with a cold water flour mixture. THEN, make up a batch of turkey gravy out of a pouch in a separate cup and pour it in. ;-) I use the cheat a the end!

    ReplyDelete